Who Is It For?
We expect that adoption of KosherSwitch® technology will be subjective and based upon many factors, such as one’s own Halachic position, and those of one’s rabbis and mentors . While our technology is endorsed for use in the home by many Orthodox Halachic decisors, we don’t expect everyone to flock to it, certainly not initially. Those who aren’t yet ready to use it in their homes are likely to use it in institutions such as hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hotels. Our technology is applicable to many audiences in many different ways, and we expect adoption to be very rapid in some segments, while extremely slow in others.
The limited nature of our role in one’s adoption decision is clear: To provide the technology, along with detailed and transparent information, so that any potential KosherSwitch® user can make an individualized and informed decision.
Adoption scenarios we foresee for KosherSwitch®
- Some may use it throughout their home.
- Others may choose not to use it at all (yet advocate its use in other settings, such as in outreach).
- Leaders may advocate deployment of KosherSwitch® in public settings, such as hotels, university campuses, and houses of worship, thus fully eliminating countless chilul Shabbos and amira l’akum issues that are often ignored.
- One who is not yet observant may install KosherSwitch® in his own home to accommodate a loved one who is more observant; and a wife who observes Shabbat may use KosherSwitch® to prevent strife with family that is not yet as observant.
- Another may use it only as a “safety net” to prevent accidental Sabbath desecration, which is an unavoidable reality even in the most observant of families.
- Some may install KosherSwitch® at home for use by an elderly or infirm family member.
- Yet another may use it only at healthcare institutions. Institutions will deploy the technology as part of their marketing strategy – hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and hotels. (A very compelling byproduct of our switch: involuntarily mitigating the chilul Shabbos even for one who is not observant.)
- Many who currently flip a switch on Shabbat and holidays will use KosherSwitch® since now there’s a way to do so without impacting their lifestyle.
- Some may decide to use it only on Yom Tov, and not on Shabbat . KosherSwitch® will still yield many of the key benefits.